Prison Break!

Go down

Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:30 pm

So you guys are in the middle of a prison break!

Constantine blew two doors off their hinges; the first broke open the cage of the healthiest of the incarcerated.
Rora had some of those with stuff in their mouth go back to the "sorting room" of the quarantine area. (The original thrall / denizens were put back into their dorm area, and Rora spiked the door.)
Not all of them obeyed, of course.
The prisoners were a mix of Calnese and Nevrokabelians.

Upon blowing the 2nd door off its hinges, Constantine introduced himself (again) and saw some guys at the end of the hall. One with a sword and stick, and another pudgy and neat one with a weird weapon.
On the other side of the clear thick glass wall, you see the tower's alchemist, and some other fancily-dressed fellow you don't recognize.

Rora yelled some stuff at the pudgy guy, and rattled him a little.
Constantine shot the guy with the sword, and then Kol made him not-the-guy-with-a-sword anymore by disarming him.

About 12 prisoners are in the hall-like room with you, and are swarming their two familiar captors. The one with just a stick now appears worried, as he blocks his former weapon with the stick, but is still being hit by the prisoners.

The pudgy guy says "Not so fast!" as he lets loose the trigger on his weapon. A powdery smoke goes everywhere; half the prisoners (the ones immediately around him) go down instantly. The rest start coughing, as do you.

(You all three succeed on your Fortitude saves. Good work!)

The cloud still lingers, though.

The prisoners in the other room are abuzz with activity, though. None of you can see what they are doing, though, since you are in this room now.

Turn order will remain as long as you're in crunch time, but you can declare your actions any time you like: Constantine, Rora, Kol.

What would you like to do?

Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Sparrowkeeper on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Constantine will fire another shot from his crossbow at the not-sword guy that is flanked by lots of prisoners. (Ranged Attack : 1d4+3 to hit / 1d6+1d1 damage if hit )

Sparrowkeeper

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Sparrowkeeper wrote:(Ranged Attack : 1d4+3 to hit)

The bolt flies toward the coughing man, and he (anime-style) holds up his baton to catch the projectile. It embeds into it, and he promptly breaks it off. (You miss! The flankers are all on the floor from the smoke thingy of the pudgy guy, so you only get the 1d4+3, and he has a seriously high block.)

Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Weremouse on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:30 am

Rora:

She calls out, "John, if you have anything left, I think it would be worth it to clear the air." As rude as it is, Rora (on her next turn if need be) fishes out a piece of cloth to wrap around her nose and mouth.

On her turn proper, Rora again intuits the pudgy guy with the magical weapon, trying to figure out what to say this time to rattle him.

OOC: Let me know how much AP this all costs. (2 for the intuit, but I want to know if it's 2 for the handkerchief as well).

TAG: John and admin.

Weremouse

Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Sparrowkeeper on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:51 am

Constantine

IC: Upon hearing Rora ask about the murky air and as soon as he can, Constantine attempts to ball up the cloud lingering in the air and collect it in the area directly surrounding around the not-sword guy. [funneling it all into his square]. As he prepared to cast his will upon the world around him, Constantine looks to Col to see what the guard will do.
(Spend 4MP {leaving me with 3MP}/ Roll 4d8+12)
Tag: Admin and Col


Sparrowkeeper

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Yes it's only 2AP to put on the handkerchief.

Weremouse wrote:Rora again intuits the pudgy guy with the magical weapon, trying to figure out what to say this time to rattle him.

You roll, and succeed.
He is really, really concerned about looking good on his performance review. He is still not worried about the fight.




Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:42 pm

Sparrowkeeper wrote:Constantine
(Spend 4MP {leaving me with 3MP}/ Roll 4d8+12)


You do so!

The cloud settles on him, and you hear him giggle, then collapse. The smoke obscures the sight, but as he falls to the floor, the cloud follows.

The other guy looks in his direction, and rolls his eyes in exasperation. He looks toward you and holds up his baton in a blocking maneuver.

[Rora rolls a passive Intuit and succeeds: the guy with the baton is not interested in fighting you anymore, but in leaving as fast as he can.]
[Kol gets a chance to do something before he does. Hooray asynchronicity!]


Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Col on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:14 pm

My character steps around the guy and gives him a swift on the back of the knees while pulling him backward. (trying to knock him on his back) All my dice are 7's and my flats are 4 in Athletics, Dodge, Agi Melee, and Reflex.

Col

Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:08 am

Col wrote:My character steps around the guy and gives him a swift on the back of the knees while pulling him backward. (trying to knock him on his back) All my dice are 7's and my flats are 4 in Athletics, Dodge, Agi Melee, and Reflex.

[1d7!+4 = 7] Col deftly moves behind the man with the baton, and delivers a swift kick to his cree, toe-first. You hear an unexpected "clunk," and he does not go down.

[This is not saying you made a bad decision; the roll was just too low. But due to the detail involved in your description, I decided to give a bit of extra info.]

Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Sparrowkeeper on Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:05 pm

[color=#000099]Constantine
IC: Constantine turns to the prisoners coughing on the ground, thinking that Col and Rora can handle the remaining guy. He assesses his ability to help them out with his medical knowledge.
Roll: 1d4!+2
Tag: Admin
/color]

Sparrowkeeper

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:50 pm

Sparrowkeeper wrote:He assesses his ability to help them out with his medical knowledge.
Roll: 1d4!+2

=9
(It exploded!)

You know these guys need mouth to mouth because they do not appear to be breathing.
Fortunately, you know how to do this.
Your roll, when doing this, would mostly be to see how quickly you do it. (It's trivial for you to actually do it.)

Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Sparrowkeeper on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:54 pm

Constantine
IC: "Gross. Mouth to mouth." Constantine says to himself as he settles in to help the prisoners.
Roll:1d4!+2
Tag: Admin

Sparrowkeeper

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Sparrowkeeper wrote:IC: "Gross. Mouth to mouth." Roll:1d4!+2

[Hidden roll result!]

You start with the least unattractive prisoner you can find, and start doing mouth to mouth.

Nobody else knows what you're doing, though.





The guy with the baton takes the opportunity to make a break for it.

(He's running out of everyone's threatened area; you can all take a swing at him if you want. But you don't have to. He's fleeing to the direction you all came from.)

Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Sparrowkeeper on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Constantine

Constantine looks up from where he'd been trying to help the prisoners and sees that the guy with the baton is making a break for it. With an attempt to stop him from fleeing, Constantine draws a boom pouch from his side and readies to throw it (one square) in front of the fleeing baton man.

Held Roll: 1d4!+3
Trigger: If the running man gets within 10ft of the door before Col or Rora take him down.

Tag: Everyone

Sparrowkeeper

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Weremouse on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:01 pm

OOC: Sorry for the late response! Still recovering from travel. Think we'll be able to manage a game night sometime soon?

Rora:

Rora frowns as the baton guy charges past her.

Intuit: 1d5+8. I want to know what's the best way to get him to hesitate.

Rora yells out in Calnese to those who were left in the main room: "Rearguard! Careful, we've got a runner headed your way!"

Convey: 1d5+5. If my intuit roll doesn't do anything interesting, then Rora is going to convey to our runner that she's confident the backup will take care of him, and not that he's running into a group of invalids.

OOC: I don't think I'll be able to do anything to this guy, but without hero points I'm wanting to save my unwavering will for magical fighters that we'll probably be encountering. Guess I'm saying boom away if he gets away from Col and I.

Weremouse

Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Col on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Since he's leaving my threatened area and I'm already behind him, I reach the arm that had been attempting to pull on his shoulder around to get a stranglehold on him (or, if the neck armor is so high my arm would be in his mouth rather than on his neck, I'll grab on to the back of the neck of his chestplate, and if I see no hand hold there I'll reach under his nose.) . . . . Actually, screw that, I'll just reach under his nose an pull back HARD (basically right where the cartilage of your nose meets the bone of your skull at the base of your nose), put some body weight into it. Putting heavy pressure in a strange direction on your nose freaking hurts almost as bad as a kick to the balls if done . . . right? (I do not condone doing this to people. (This is how people permanently damage their noses. (What generally happens though is that the moment they start to feel pain a person would bend their head backwards to protect themselves. They then start feeling pain of someone trying to effectively tear off their nose and the feeling of the worst neck cramp ever.))) Anyway, it should at least get him to hard stop if not just be distracted by PAIN and lose his balance finally.

(Basically it would be a combination of a concentration roll to understand what I was doing and either make a fortitude roll to focus on pushing forward and not bend his head back and make a contested Strength roll or to bend his head back and make an endurance roll due to push past the PAIN and try making an Agility roll to get out.)

All my dice are 7's and my flats are 4 in Athletics, Dodge, Agi Melee, and Reflex.

Col

Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Rora: Your intuit still tells you he is likely to be more concerned about his bosses than you guys. Your convey, if you had been able to see the effects of it, would bewray a mild exasperation of having to fight more.

Col: You attack! (Despite all that, it counts as an attack, unless you're doing a combat maneuver, in which case...you attack twice. And unfortunately, your first attack was a brick.)

Unfortunately, he is super fast and dodgy. He is doing Jackie Chan levels of agility, jumping off of walls to get slightly more height as he bounds past you.

Constantine has the ability to huck the boom pouch as a "you aren't getting away" measure, and hasn't said anything to indicate that he wouldn't want to use it.

Shall we play a game?

Tagged: All y'all

Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Sparrowkeeper on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Constantine

Constantine throws the boom pouch.

Roll: 1d4!+3 vs. the square in front of the runner.

Constantine readies a second boom pouch to throw.
Tag: Admin

Sparrowkeeper

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:40 pm

Sparrowkeeper wrote:Roll: 1d4!+3 vs. the square in front of the runner.
Tag: Admin

(Since you're throwing it at the *space* rather than the *guy*, the attack / defense thingy changes. You aren't rolling an attack against his defense; you're rolling to hit the space, and hoping the explosion gets him, which would be a Reflex check against the boom pouch's DC.)

The boom pouch lands squarely (or hexagon-ly as the case may be) on the floor in front of your escaping target.

The pouch explodes with great force: everyone's ears are ringing, and everyone on your side of the glass appears to be stunned (lose a turn, fort save to recover), except the guy who is escaping.

He steps lightly to the side to avoid the pouch proper, but didn't really expect it to be a boom pouch. The floor's subsequent collapse, though, was also not anticipated by him. The sound of the boom and the ringing in your ears muffles the sounds of the collapse, but you can definitely feel it through your feet. The guy with the baton falls through, past some rubble. There's quite a lot of smoke; it may take a round or two to see exactly what he fell into.

Although Col's quite immobile, he can see the thickness of the floor and its supports. (Passive engineering check!) Like cracked ice, that hole isn't terribly safe to stand near. Constantine needs to back up as soon as he can.

(You don't get to ready the second boom pouch due to the stun. But there's nobody in the immediate vicinity who seems to be threatening you.)

Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Sparrowkeeper on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:18 pm

Constantine

After stepping back from the ruined ground, Constantine goes over to the guy who he "gassed" earlier when the powder gun went off and checks on his condition. As he moves, Constantine shouts to Rora, "Whoops! What do we do now?"

Roll: Medical 1d4!+2 to check on the downed man's condition.
Tag: Admin and Rora

Sparrowkeeper

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Constantine carefully steps around the fallen bodies, and stands near the less-than-super-athletic guy.  You check the guy's pulse and breathing; he appears to be unconscious (as opposed to seriously injured).

You shout, but nobody hears.  Well, they hear, but they don't hear *you*.  Instead, they hear "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."  (Because your ears are all ringing, once you regain motility.  You all regained after one round of stunned.  The ringing in the ears will subside, soon, too.)

Admin
Admin

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile http://akar-ken.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Sparrowkeeper on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:13 pm

Constantine

Conflicted that the man is still alive, Constantine turns to find Rora and Col, hoping that the ringing in his ears dies off soon.

Tag: Rora and Col.

Sparrowkeeper

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prison Break!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum